Monday, December 3, 2012

My First Short Story Submission, Post 2

I looked for the story I sent to William Safire but haven't found it yet. I did find the draft typewritten letter to him, dated May 18, 1983. It's pretty funny. Note the hand correction. I typed it on onion skin paper because that was the easiest paper to make corrections back in the day. The blue line must have been from some moisture reaching the file that this letter was enclosed in, all the writing in the file had the blue line.

Also in that file was some damn good writing from a 22 year old kid. I might submit some of these for publication. I even wrote poetry back then, I forgot about that.

Letter to William Safir in XL size. If interested, use your browser magnifying tool to make it easier to read.


No comments:

Post a Comment