Thursday, September 20, 2012

The Weekenders Magazine Beat Anthology

I saw a post on Duotrop (a writers website) from The Weekenders Magazine looking for submissions written in the Beat Style. I like Beat, so I thought of a story, penned it and sent it to my writers group for comments. I'm lucky I got such good critics.  Most enjoyed the story but pointed out my shortcomings. I quickly corrected and sent the story in. It was published on line on sometime after September 15 and you can find the link by pressing here The Weekenders Magazine Vol 1.

My story is on Page 50, but don't miss the other great reads in this volume: The poetry by Kevin Ridgeway is great. I also dug the short story by Bud Smith, so much, I read it twice. Artwork is awesome too. The entire magazine is a great read, especially for those of us that enjoy underground, literary stuff. Many thanks to Ryan Swofford for putting it together, along with his editorial companions. Get a copy for your coffee table, waiting room, whatever.

I'm looking forward to the next one.


No comments:

Post a Comment